• DorchesterH10

    The Official site of Thurrock Football Club

    Saturday 20th September – Thurrock 1 – 0 Dorchester Town

    League, 3pm

    7Shots on1
    4Shots off6
    15Fouls Against8
    FlynnStar Man

    Thurrock extended their winning streak to three games with a well-earned 1-0 victory over Dorchester Town.

    Thurrock should have taken the lead in the 4th minute when Che Stadhart ran onto Craig Hughes’ ball over the top but the front man, clinical in front of goal so far this season, slid his shot straight at Gareth Stewart in the visitors goal.

    Jamie Mudge had a number of chances to break the deadlock for Dorchester, with his best effort coming from a well worked free kick straight from the training ground but his shot whistled narrowly wide.

    Thurrock skipper Lee Flynn stung Stewart’s hands from a 20 yard free kick on 48 minutes, moments before Nick Crittendon flashed his shot over at the other end.

    Thurrock began to take control of the game and looked likely to take the lead in the 63rd miniute as Flynn’s deep free kick was fumbled by Stewart, before making a superb recovery save from David Bryant’s close range header.

    However the home side didn’t have to wait long and just 3 minutes later Stadhart ran on to Hughes’ through ball and smashed his shot in off the post for his 7th goal of the campaign.

    Dorchester would count themselves lucky not to have seen Stewart dismissed when, for the second time this season, Stadhart was brought down by the opposing Goalkeeper as last man only for the referee not to dismiss the ‘keeper and this time the Fleet were not even awarded a foul.

    In the 69th minute, Aaron McLeish made way for Leon McKenzie after spending almost a year out injured and McKenzie almost grabbed a goal in the 82nd minute as his shot flicked over Stewart only for Gary Bowles to clear the danger.

    Then with only seconds remaining Fola Orilnishe ran the length of the field with the ball before Stewart pulled off a marvelous save to ensure that Thurrock did not extend their lead.

    Thurrock: Blackmore, Flynn, Wright, Clark, Paine, Orilonishe, Lettejallow, McLeish (67, McKenzie), Hughes, Stadhart (89, Taylor), Bryant Subs not used: Hussein, Lechmere, Anderson

    Dorchester: Stewart, Marsh-Brown, Smeeton, Clay (80, Mitchell), Bowles, Hill, Crittendon (80, Watts), Fogden, Moss, Mudge, Gleeson (71, Osei) Subs not used: Liburd, Peprah-Annan

  • StAlbansA20

    The Official site of Thurrock Football Club

    Saturday 13th September – St Albans City 0 – 2 Thurrock

    League, 3pm

    4Shots on4
    6Shots off5
    9Fouls Against11
    n/aStar ManHughes

    Having notched up their first victory of the season on Tuesday night with a 2-0 win, Thurrock did the same at Clarence Park today thanks to goals from Che Stadhart, and a screamer from skipper Lee Flynn.

    Thurrock had a chance to break the deadlock in the first minute but the once again impressive Craig Hughes headed Jon Docker’s corner wide.

    Not a lot was happening in terms of chances and the home sides frustration was evident when Jonathan Hunt’s poor challenge ended Michael Spencer’s participation after just 25 minutes, being replaced by “Max” Lettejallow. Suprisingly Hunt walked away without caution.

    One minute later, Docker and David Bryant linked up to release Stadhart who chipped into the arms of Paul Bastock.

    Thurrock finally took the lead after 69 minutes. Docker crossed the ball in from the corner and Bastock punched into Stadhart who sent the ball goal bound and across the line. Stadhart may not have known much about the goal but given Thurrock’s win-less League run they certainly all count.

    St. Alban’s created a few half chances but David Blackmore looked certain to keep his and Thurrock’s second clean sheet in two games, saving easily from Hassan Sulaiman and substitute Lee Clarke.

    With the clock ticking down a City corner fell to James Fisher whose first shot was superbly blocked by Matt Paine and Fisher sent the follow up over the bar.

    In the 88th minute Fola Orilonishe beat Alex Bailey down the left before crossing to the far side of the penalty area. Thurrock Captain Flynn was at hand to smash his right footed volley into the bottom corner of the net. A rare goal for Flyyn but certainly one for the scrapbook and a contender for goal of the season.

    Thurrock: Blackmore, Flynn, Wright, Clark, Paine, Orilonishe, Spencer (25, Lettejallow), Docker, Hughes, Stadhart (78, McLeish), Bryant Subs not used: Hussein, Araba, Anderson – Booked: Stadhart, Paine

    St Alban’s City: Bastock, Bailey, Cousins, Bowditch, Martin, Fisher, Sulaiman, Quilter (78, Archer), Cohen, Martin (72, Clarke), Hunt Subs not used: Adams, Hakim, Rieck – Booked: Cohen

  • WellingH20

    The Official site of Thurrock Football Club

    Tuesday 9th September – Thurrock 2 – 0 Welling United

    Setanta Shield, 7:45pm

    7Shots on2
    4Shots off5
    12Fouls Against10
    HughesStar Mann/a

    Thurrock finally put an end to their win-less streak with a convincing victory over Welling in the Setanta Shield thanks to goals from David Bryant and Fola Orilonishe.

    Having only picked up 1 point so far in the Blue Square South, Thurrock’s run without a win had stretched as far back to the 22nd July with a 3-1 friendly away victory over Concord Rangers. Despite this, recent performances had arguably warranted more than the Fleet were leaving with and tonight’s break from League football enabled them to notch up a well-deserved victory, and continue to increase confidence amongst the squad.

    Welling created the first chance of the game on 6 minutes as Sonny Cobbs received the ball from a throw in wide right. He turned inside the home defence but curled his left footed shot wide of the far post.

    In the 17th minute, Che Stadhart and Michael Spencer linked up to create a chance for star man Craig Hughes who shot wide from 20 yards.

    Hughes, in his first 90 minutes since returning from a pre-season injury, played in the unfamiliar holding midfield role behind recent signing Jon Docker and the pair were instrumental in Thurrock’s attacking football.

    On 22 minutes, Hughes and Docker created an opening for Orilonishe. The pacey wide man’s quick thinking allowed Bryant to turn and shoot from close range to notch his first goal since returning from Braintree.

    Within 40 seconds, the home side could have doubled their lead as Stadhart’s back heel enabled Michael Spencer to whip in a quick cross from the left but Orilonishe could not connect to the ball.

    In the 59th minute it was game over as Stadhart knocked David Blackmore’s long ball down to Bryant. Bryant played the ball inside of United’s left back Craig Braham-Barrett. Orilonishe beat his man for pace and slipped his shot under Scott Andrews and into the back of the net.

    Welling had a chance to grab a lifeline in the 67th minute but Sol Pinnock headed substitute Ellis Greens shot over the bar from inside 6 yards.

    Thurrock finished the game strong, and could have had three or four had Bryant’s powerful shot not hit the legs of Andrews, or Spencer had grabbed a goal from any of the three opportunities that he had to cap another fine performance.

    The win has been coming for Thurrock, and hopefully they can maintain the momentum on Saturday when they are back to business as they visit St. Albans  in the League.

    Thurrock: Blackmore, Clark, Flynn, Swaine (71, Lettejallow), Paine, Orilonishe, Spencer, Docker, Hughes, Stadhart (84, McLeish), Bryant (90, Araba) Subs not used: Hussein, Gilbert

    Welling: S Andrews, Johnson, Braham-Barrett, Cobbs (55, Quinn), G Andrews, Chappell, White (55, Green), Blackburn, Healy (59, Martin), Pinnock, Smith Subs not used: McEntegart, Turner