The Official site of Thurrock Football Club

Saturday 18th October – Thurrock 1 – 2 Maidenhead United

League, 3:00pm

6Shots on5
4Shots off5
21Fouls Against19
Star ManGore

Maidenhead kept themselves in the Play Off places in this Blue Square encounter at Ship Lane.

The visitors could have taken the lead in the 6th minute when Rob Swaine slipped allowing Lee Newman space but the front man scuffed his shot wide.

The match burst into life in the 21st minute as the Magpies took the lead. Tyron Smith’s free kick hit the wall and bobbled into the path of Boby Behzadi who shot into the bottom corner of the net.

60 seconds later and Thurrock were level as Swaine’s header beat ex-Fleet goalkeeper Shane Gore after great work from Sam Lechmere on the right flank.

The home side could have taken the lead in the 31st minute after David Bryant latched onto Fola Orilonishe’s magnificent through ball but his shot was palmed wide by Gore.

The same pair almost linked up again in the 54th minute but Bryant could not connect to Orilonishe’s deep cross, before Richard Pacquette forced David Blackmore into an outstanding pinpoint save down the other end.

In the 73rd minute Kenny Clark’s superb ball released Bryant who cut in from the right and dragged his shot straight at Gore. United counter attacked and Thurrock were left frustrated at the missed chances as Newman slotted through the legs of Blackmore to put the away side in front.

Substitute Leon McKenzie caused problems for the Maidenhead defence but he nor Thurrock could create the chance to level, with Jon Docker coming closest in stoppage time with a long range effort which was once again saved by Gore.

Thurrock: Blackmore, Clark (78, Hughes), Wright, Swaine, Paine, Lettejallow, Lechmere (90, McLeish), Docker, Bryant, Stadhart (61, McKenzie), Orilonishe Subs not used: Hussein, Flynn

Maidenhead: Gore, Smith, Fyfield, Behzadi (71, Surey), Sterling, Nisbet, Smith, Nichols, Pacquette, Newman (78, Hinds), Bernard (61, Tyriaki) Subs not used: Clarke, Carter