The Official site of Thurrock Football Club

Saturday 15th November – Thurrock 2 – 0 Worcester City

League – 3pm

4Shots on3
4Shots off7
17Fouls Against12
PaineStar Man

Thurrock made light work of Worcester, dispossessing City with a comfortable 2-0 win.

The home side took the lead after just 15 minutes as Danny Hart’s delicate through ball found Che Stadhart. The experienced front man cut in from the left and despite Danny McDonnell getting a hand to his chipped shot, the ball floated into the top left hand corner of the net.

Moments later the feat may have been repeated as Leon McKenzie sent Stadhart clear, but this time McDonnell saved.

In the 21st minute Mark Wright’s tremendous cross field ball found McKenzie unmarked in the box and his stunning volley was equally as impressively saved by McDonnell to ensure the advantage was not doubled.

Stadhart would feel aggrieved not to be awarded a penalty as he looked to have been brought down by Jemiah Richards but the referee waved play on.

City’s only real chance of the first half fell to Robert Davies but his dipping half volley from 25 yards went narrowly over the bar.

Thurrock extended the lead six minutes into the second half as Andy Sambrooks cross from the right was flicked on by Stadhart to McKenzie who controlled and smashed his volley into the bottom right hand corner.

Outstanding defensive performances by Kenny Clark and man of the match Matt Paine resulted in Worcester attempting efforts from long range but both inaccuracies and the solid Joe Woolley ensured that Thurrock kept their third consecutive clean sheet in the League.

Thurrock: Woolley, Clark, Wright, Sambrook, Paine, Flynn, Hart (75, Lechmere), Howard, McKenzie, Stadhart, Orilonishe – Subs not used: Gilbey, Anderson, Hughes, Spencer – Booked: Sambrook, Howard

Worcester: McDonnell, Ward, Kahn, Richardson, Richards, Walker, Davies (71, Dodd), Dinsmore (55, Bampton), Wilding (75, Barnes), Adaggio, McGarth – Subs not used: Price, Fitzpatrick – Booked: McGarth